Friday, April 22, 2011

"Mom"-munnity is a community...

Mom-munnity is a community.

The undying love for our children is what holds this community together. The similar feelings and experiences we have as moms’, makes us a community. We value our creations and all of our needs and interests are a reflection of what we want for them. All of our energy goes into making sure our children learn, laugh, live and love.

The more time that goes by, I learn from others in my community. For instance, my mom is whom I observe. I think I have been since I was younger. She is a leader of this community for sure. Being a mom is one of the most rewarding communities to be a part of. Along with creating a life, you manage to assure yourself unconditional love.  I have two children that have had a big part of forming my identity as an adult.

This community of motherhood has many different members, with their own opinions and ideas of how a mom should be. I feel all moms are a bit judgmental at times. This is a key problem in the community. There are the moms who “swat” or the moms who do “corner time.” Moms who read bedtime stories and the moms who are too tired to even make them brush their teeth. Moms from upper-class communities meet for coffee and play dates, while chatting about how “Tommy’s mom works too much, that’s why he skips school.” The moms at work are possibly jealous or even judgmental of the time they don’t get with their own kids.

In the end none of that really matters. What really matters’ are the things you do, when you get that time. Make it count and we will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment